Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine Cookies



I hope my children never grow old of me baking for them. I still find great joy in making them holiday sugar cookies. They are now 24 & 27. The sprinkle sugar cookie recipe I discovered last year when I was browsing allrecipes.com. Boy, I love that site!




The frosted decorated sugar cookies I came across many, many years ago...in a betty crocker cookbook that I had checked out from the library. I think DD, my oldest, was 6 or 7 at the time. I have been making them ever since. I LOVE checking out cookbooks from the library.



The little chocolate cookies are super easy and delicious. I make them when I have left over frosting. They are my version of the oreo caksters. YUMMY!

Here is the recipe:

1 Chocolate Cake Mix (I like fudge. If you have an Aldi's there chocolate box cake mix makes the best.)
2 eggs
1/4 -1/3 cup vegetables oil (I have made them with 1/4 cup oil when I ran low on oil.)
2 T water
handful of chocolate chips (optional)
Bake at 350 for 5 to 8 minutes until bottom is golden. Recipe yields 24 cookies or 12 large cakesters. Easy and economical. Got to love that!
Happy Weekend everyone!


1 comment:

Chark said...

yum! I love the allrecipes site too.