Friday, December 17, 2010

Merry Christmas Blog Hop!

Merry Christmas!

I am participating in my very first blog hog. My new friends on the scrapbooking message board were kind enough to let me join in. I hope I do this right.
I am so excited. I can't wait to see what wonderful Christmas ideas these very talented ladies share.
My Christmas craft is this simple stamped ornament. I have been making these very simple ornaments the last several years. They are always a big hit. Each year I change the stamp I use.

Trust me you have to give these puppies a try. They are so economical and easy.... A another bonus, you don't have a huge supply list.

Supplies: Stazon Ink and cleaner, ceramic ornament, holiday stamp, and scrap ribbon.

Directions: Stamp image on ceramic ornament. Let dry and string with ribbon.

Tip: Be careful when stamping the image. The ceramic ornament is a very slick surface and can smudge easily if you twist or move the stamp slightly when stamping. Also, let the ornament dry overnight before stringing with ribbon.

Shopping Guide: I buy the ornaments early in the year at Michael's for around $1.25. If I wait to long they tend to sell out quick.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please be sure to leave a comment. As a special thank you one randomly selected person will recieve one OF these hand stamped ornaments.

So, up, up and away off to the next Christmas blog stop http://allsmilesandsunshine.blogspot.com/. No worries if you get lost just just head back to the first post (Amanda's) http://www.lovejoypaper.com/.

Merry Christmas! Traci

17 comments:

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Very cute ornament! you must have a very steady hand in order for the image to be so clear :) Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

What a really cool idea! Have you ever tried using a picture along with a stamp?

Snips and Snails said...

Cute ornament! I love it.

Derwinicus said...

What a great idea! I'm not an experienced stamper so I better start honing my skills! ;) Thanks for sharing! Dana

gilroy gal said...

Really cute..and so easy! LOVE it!

Gina Karas said...

What a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration. Your Santa stamp is too cute!

Traci said...

Thanks for the nice comments.

Sandy - I am working on one now with a picture. When I get it finished I'll post it. Please check back in the next few days. I'll try to have it posted. Thanks- Traci

yokaye said...

You wouldn't imagine that it was that easy just looking at it..it's beautiful! That Santa stamp is perfect, too. Thanks for the idea!

Kim E said...

What a really cool idea Traci, love your ornament!

Amy said...

I LOVE it! That vintage santa stamp is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

lalmack said...

OOOh! What great gifts these would make. Thanks for sharing your ideas! Glad you jumped on the hop!

Anonymous said...

I love that stamp! It is adorable...and the ornament came out so cute, but yet so easy to make. Great job.

Stephanie

Steffanie said...

Love this! You did a wonderful job with that ornament! Thanks for sharing with us!

Caroleb said...

Loved the ornament.

Nicole said...

So cute!! I love your idea. Will have to try next year! Thanks for sharing!

Traci said...

Yokaye - Your the random winner. Please contact me with your mailing address for the ornament. Thanks - Traci

yokaye said...

Just wanted to say (in case you didn't see my post at CK) that the ornament is even more gorgeous in person. It's fantastic! Thank you SO much for the ornament and all the prints.