Monday, November 2, 2009

The Secret Life of Bees

I thought it might be fun to read some books which have been made into a movies. I must read the book first. Personally, I feel the book is always more detailed. So, if a book becomes a movie.... do you read the book first? What have you read/watched that you loved/hated?

Towards the end of summer, I read The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. I really enjoyed the book. There are two versions of the movie on the DVD; theater version and director's cut. I watched the theater version this afternoon. It was really good but lacked some of the details from the book. I might watch the director cut later in the week.

Although, I loved Queen Latifah in this. I found it interesting to learn Will and Jada Smith were some of the producers.

Have a great day!

Traci

No comments: